Youthworks, Christian Outdoor Education
Permanent, full-time (including overnights and weekends)
Youthworks is seeking an experienced Christian Outdoor Educator to join our Training Team as a Lead Guide. Youthworks Christian Outdoor Education leads the way in professional Christian Outdoor Education. Through the practise of temporary community, our passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled team use outdoor learning experiences to bring together bible-based discipleship and outdoor education in a unique and powerful way. The team is made up of a talented bunch of people who love Jesus, seek adventure in the outdoors and believe that not all lessons are best taught in the classroom. They are just as passionate about Christian ministry to young people as they are about adventurous experiences in God’s creation.
About the role
To facilitate and assist in the development of Christian Outdoor Education employees by providing instructional leadership that enables learning through active engagement in a direct and guided experience.
- Assist in the training and evaluating of Christian Outdoor Education staff in relation to Certificate III activities
- Develop appropriate training resources
- Support, challenge and encourage the Christian Outdoor Education trainees and Outdoor Ministry Leaders
- Act as a resource and guide for the Christian Outdoor Education Trainees and the Outdoor Ministry Leaders
- Lead and instruct a range of activities within the outdoor education program in a professional manner
- Monitor and minimize risk through the implementation of Youthworks’ risk management procedures
You will need to demonstrate:
- Qualifications in Outdoor Education (Certificate IV). Specific activity qualifications in the areas of bushwalking, canoeing, and roping, at a minimum
- Qualifications (current) in First Aid and Water Rescue
- Qualifications in Remote or Wilderness First Aid
- Current church-based child protection training endorsed by the Safe Churches Training Agreement
- Experience in leading best practice outdoor programs
- Ability to infuse the Christian ethos into teaching practice
- Currently hold or be willing to work towards obtaining a qualification in Training and Assessment
- Flexible, collaborative, proactive and innovative
- Experience working with children, teenagers, and diverse groups
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience in a mentoring capacity
- A systematic and focused approach to tasks with a strong attention to detail
- An ability to work with a wide range of staff to achieve effective outcomes
- Personal Christian faith and willingness to work within an Anglican organisation
- Commitment to work with Youthworks mission.
- Light Rigid Licence
Own transport and a current driver’s licence are essential due to the location of Port Hacking Conference Centres and location of areas training is conducted in.
How to apply
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
If you would like to apply for this role or found out more about it please go to our website https://youthworks.net/careers/2019/2/20/lead-guide-training-port-hacking-2021.
If your skills are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment/HR team.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com.
Applications close: as soon as position is filled.