Salary: $3,650 – $3,850 per month + $400 month R & R + 3 meals/day
Temporary, short-term contract position
International Disaster Response NGO, All Hands and Hearts is looking for an Operations Manager (OM) for a small and short-term bushfire recovery project in a beautiful community in the Bega Valley Shire. This position is based in the shire on project in a camp setting.
The OM manages all operations related to volunteer coordination, base, and logistics. The position is dynamic and varied, and the successful applicant will be comfortable with multi-tasking, prioritising, problem solving, and working flexible hours. The OM is the second in charge of the program, and supports the Program Director and Project Manager (site work) in reaching the goals of the program.
Start date is as soon as possible. The project duration is not confirmed, but looks to be around 4 months. This opportunity could lead to future work on our larger International Disaster Response and Recovery Projects.
- Volunteer relations – welcoming to base, communicating program goals and logistics, scheduling volunteer breaks
- Maintenance of base – supplies, fixing things, property owner relations
- Food supply chain for volunteers and staff
- Risk assessment of base
- Vehicle maintenance and logistics
- Keep track of staff IT assets
- Supporting with volunteer Health and Safety
- Organise and maintain office supplies and internet
- Running volunteer meetings and delivering information clearly to volunteers
- Weekly night duties – approx twice a week – being on-duty point of call in case of emergencies or volunteer issues
- 2IC to Program Director.
Key Selection Criteria
- Willingness to relocate to project base in Bega Valley Shire for the duration of the project **Essential**
- Comfortable living in a communal setting in basic conditions (likely camping) with other staff and volunteers
- Strong initiative
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks based on need
- Experience with operations – logistics, procurement of supplies
- Management or leadership experience – ability to delegate, supervise
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently, but also in close coordination with a small staff team
- Mature with ability to resolve conflicts and problem solve
- Positive, energetic and able to motivate volunteers
- Competent with Google Docs, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new computer systems such as Salesforce
- An all round good human who has values of people care and helping community.
Other position requirements
- Working with children check required
- 5-day active work week, and weekend work only required if there are issues/problems with base or volunteer concerns.
- 3-day paid breaks each month with R & R allowance.
Full position description available on the careers page of the All Hands and Hearts Website
For further information contact: Sarah Boulle, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://allhandsandhearts.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=564
Applications close when a suitable applicant is found. Start Date is as soon as possible after.