Salary: $68,000 pa. + super
Term of employment: Full-time 37.5 hours per week
Location: flexible remote/home office working (Launceston or Hobart based preferred)
About the role
After significant expansion over the past four years, we are looking for a dynamic Operations Manager to take up the reins in Tasmania. The successful applicant will look after all of Park Trek’s day-to-day operations in Tasmania, ensuring the safe and effective delivery of all trips. This will involve managing the Tasmanian guide team, resources, and facilities along with building strong internal and external relationships. This is a full-time position with flexible hours and some weekend and out-of-hours responsibilities.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of Park Trek’s Tasmanian tours
- Recruitment and rostering of guides
- Manage resources and facilities – allocating vehicles, trailers, and other trip resources
- Manage pre-tour planning and provisioning
- Training and mentoring of guides
- Administration of tour documents including trip notes, manifests, run sheets, etc.
- Liaising with suppliers and clients
- Manage trip budgets and expenditure
- Ensure all Park Trek risk management, health and safety policy requirements are implemented, adhered to, and reported on
- Ensure all other Park Trek policy requirements relevant to Tasmanian operations are adhered to
- Ensure the Tasmanian depots and lodge accommodation are safe, clean and functional
- Promote a company culture that encourages high performance and morale
- Perform employee performance reviews and manage performance.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Operations experience in the tourism industry, preferably in small group touring
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and task allocation skills
- Creative thinking and high-level problem-solving ability
- High-level attention to detail
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous work experience as a tour guide
- Experience in nature-based tourism
- Understanding of hiking destinations covered by Park Trek in Tasmania
- Experience in risk assessment, safety and environmental compliance (preferably in protected areas or an outdoor environment)
- Experience in recruiting, staff scheduling and rostering.
How to apply
Please send your resume along with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, or email for further information.
Applications close: midnight AEST Sunday, 31 January 2021.