Sunshine Coast Recreation Centre
Randstad is currently seeking experienced and reliable Outdoor Activity Instructors to ensure our client’s Recreation Centre is able to successfully and safely meet operational requirements. This position is based on the Sunshine Coast, QLD
Skills and Experience Required
- Lead and facilitate quality experiences for individuals and groups in an appropriate manner to ensure safe participation in sport and recreation activities and programs at the Centre.
- Contribute as an Individual and as a team to the development and continuous improvement of participation of Queenslanders in sport and recreation programs.
- The ability to take responsibility for implementing risk management practices associated with providing sport and recreation activities to the public.
- Assist in the development and implementation of activity specific policies and procedures for the safe, efficient and effective running of the Centre’s programs and activities.
- Ensure that activities are delivered in compliance with workplace health and safety, industry regulations and standards and the state wide program framework, including preparation, maintenance and storage of equipment.
- Deliver appropriate standards of client service and relationship management within the Centre and local community.
- Ensure that accompanying teachers / group leaders have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities while conducting activities at the Centre.
- Maintain effective administrative systems and procedures in relation to program reporting and workplace health and safety, ensuring compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
Mandatory requirements, Certifications and Accreditations
You will have proven and demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of high quality sport and recreation programs and community activities in an outdoor environment and have a minimum of one year’s industry experience.
You will also hold a Cert III or IV in Outdoor Recreation and hold at least three appropriate accreditations in practical disciplines, including:
- Challenge Ropes Courses
- Surf-Related Activities.
You will also possess the following:
- A current Positive Notice Blue Card (Type P), for Child Related Employment
- First Aid Certificate
- A current Queensland Drivers Licence
- The Availability to work after hours and on weekends.
- Opportunities for ongoing work for the right person
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Learn new skills
- Get quality experience in the industry.
For more information and to apply, please contact Cameron from Randstad on (07) 3640 6800.
Applications close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.