- Casual Work with opportunity for ongoing work
- Fantastic team environment
- Multiple Positions available
Active Education is a well-established and professional South Australian business who has been providing a broad range of outdoor education services to SA & interstate schools for 30yrs.
As a mobile provider we offer a wide range of meaningful outdoor educational camp programs that can vary from residential camps to journey based programs (e.g bushwalking/kayaking expeditions) operating at different locations throughout SA.
We are seeking Outdoor Education Facilitators to join our team who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make an impact on the lives of school children by delivering our unique hands-on curriculum based outdoor activities.
In addition to the delivery of our school programs there are teambuilding & outdoor experiences such as bushwalking, canoe/kayaking, group initiatives, low ropes for all ages and parts of the community.
Facilitators report to the Program Manager and there is the possibility of advancement to team leader and a permanent position. Pay rates will vary depending upon skills, experience and qualifications.
The Right People
This is a brilliant opportunity for people who are passionate about teaching groups in outdoor environments. The role requires people who are energetic & fun, professional, highly organised, flexible and capable of being part of a diverse team
Essential skills & qualities that can be addressed in your cover letter must include:
- Group facilitation skills & experience
- Safety consciousness
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Exceptional customer service ability and attention to detail
- Initiative & problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated hardworking team player who is willing to take on extra tasks as needed.
A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable (e.g Cert 4 or Diploma Outdoor Recreation, Primary/Secondary/Outdoor Ed Teacher), however we will train people who have the right attitude and desire to make a positive impact in young people’s lives.
In addition it is desirable for applicants to have knowledge in areas such as Nature Based Education, Aboriginal Culture, Coastal Ecology.
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Bushwalking (BLSA or Equivalent)
- Flat water Kayak/Canoe Guide or Instructor
- Surf Rescue Certificate/Bronze Medallion
- Food Safe Handling and Hygiene.
Essential requirements for this role
- Current driver’s licence (Manual licence & MR (bus) Licence an advantage)
- Senior First Aid (Prefer Remote/Wilderness)
- Current Working with Children Clearance (WWCC)
- Ability to travel & stay away for extended periods (e.g. up to a 5 days at a time).
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Strong work ethic.
Active Education is a dynamic innovative place to work and we care about, support & develop our employees. This role, therefore, would be ideal for people seeking the opportunity to grow with an organisation impacting the lives of our youth.
Further information can be obtained by phoning Anthony on 0428 747 545.
Apply now! Applications will be assessed, and appointments made, upon receipt.
Applications close: Friday, 27th May 2022.
Check us out on the Web @ www.activeed.com.au