- Two part-time positions available (0.50 FTE to 0.60 FTE)
- Commencing July 2021
- 120 days in the field each year
We are seeking a Group Leaders to join our passionate team of Outdoor Educators within our Beacon Explorers Program.
Your role is to lead and mentor Beaconhills staff and students on Beacon Explorer programs. You will lead programs and assist teaching staff to deliver learning outcomes through a range of different environments, countries and adventure activities ranging from 3 to 12 days in length.
You will be required to spend long hours outdoors and you should be familiar with outdoor safety and natural conditions. Qualifications in rock climbing, abseiling and mountain bike riding would be an advantage.
Please visit the careers section of our website to see an expanded position description as well as selection criteria https://www.beaconhills.vic.edu.au/employment/
Please note all applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to bring copies of qualifications, log books and licences.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further.
Work in an inclusive community that values innovation, staff wellbeing, community service and sustainability. Enjoy the benefits of working at Beaconhills:
- Salary packaging available
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite child care (with possible salary sacrificing available)
- Onsite gym
- Both Campuses located close to the Monash Freeway
- Join one of the largest solar-powered schools in Australia – we have 360kW of solar power now operating and 40% of our school is powered by electricity sourced from renewable solar
- Help us achieve our goal of being zero waste to landfill by 2030
Applications should include:
- A PDF version of you cover letter that addresses your suitability to the listed selection criteria
- A PDF version of your curriculum vitae detailing your qualifications and experience
- Contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close: Monday, 21 June 2021 at 9:00am, however all applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
Equal Opportunity and Child Safety Statement
Beaconhills College has zero tolerance for child abuse. Beaconhills is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection.
Beaconhills has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and respond to them consistently, in line with our policies and procedures.
All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the College’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct, which are available on its website. Beaconhills performs thorough assessments of potential and existing employees in accordance with the legislated Child Safe Standards. The assessments will be used to ascertain whether the potential or existing employee is a fit and proper person and is suitable for work in a school environment and in the position applied for or held. The screening process includes, but is not limited to, Criminal Records Checks, Working with Children Checks and checks of social media accounts.
Beaconhills College is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity principles and is committed to the principles of merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness in our recruitment process.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply for all positions at Beaconhills College.