The Scots College is an innovative and creative teaching and learning environment for boys T-12. We pride ourselves on our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition and a culture of leadership through teams for both our students and staff.
Our Glengarry campus, is an extended stay and outdoor experiential education campus, located in the pristine Kangaroo Valley, two hours south west of Sydney. It provides a distinctive learning environment in which Year 9 boys discover the tools they need to grow into fine young men.
Glengarry’s residential program is a unique, expansive experience that accelerates boys; social development and it is renowned as a rite of passage into manhood.
We offer outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
About the role
We are seeking an exceptional Outdoor Education Instructor to join our progressive and unique Glengarry campus team. This is a full-time opportunity commencing ideally in Term 4, 2021.
Accommodation may be provided if available, meals are included each day as is access to College facilities such as the gym. Outstanding professional development opportunities are also on offer.
A minimum of 3 of the following qualifications:
- Teaching qualification OR
- Cert III or IV, Diploma or Degree in Outdoor Recreation
- Wilderness First Aid Certificate (course may be offered by the College).
Teaching qualification or Cert III or IV, Diploma or Degree in Outdoor Recreation with recognised competency in at least two of the following areas:
- Mountain Biking
- Flatwater canoeing/kayaking
- Abseil natural and artificial surfaces/structures
- Climbing natural and artificial surfaces/structures
- Demonstrated experience of at least three years working in the Outdoor Education industry
- Ability to drive manual vehicle
- Light Rigid Licence
- Royal Life Saving Bronze Medallion.
Desirable criteria to be considered:
- Previous Boarding/Residential experience is desirable, along with an active interest in outdoor education activities and experiential learning.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A confident and collaborative team player and an excellent communicator
- Proactive and innovative
- Committed to one’s own ongoing learning
- Ready to infuse the Christian ethos into teaching practice
- Professional and has personal integrity
- Flexible and open to change
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekend days as the job and program requires.
Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
All applicants must have a current NSW Working with Children Clearance. Information on obtaining a Working with Children Clearance Number can be found here.
Please register your interest by Wednesday, 22 September 2021.
We strongly encourage submission of interest prior to the closing date, as Scots College reserves the right to interview shortlisted applicants and appoint prior to formal close of submissions.