We are seeking motivated and passionate outdoor guides to join our guiding team. Positions are available for commencement in early April based out of Alice Springs and based out of Darwin in early May 2021.
Who we are
Trek Tours Australia is an award-winning ecotourism trekking operator specialising in small group walking holidays.
To provide our guests with quality, world class trekking experiences in the most spectacular, remote, wild and pristine places in Australia.
About the role
- Full tour guiding services in wilderness settings on both vehicle supported and expedition trips
- Facilitate a high level of interpretation with the main focus on each individual guest being able to reconnect and create a sense of place in the wilderness
- Preparation of high-quality meals and associated catering and hospitality
- Tour preparation and clean up as required and directed
- Demonstrate a “Leave no Trace” commitment and understanding towards ecotourism principles, conservation and the natural and socio-cultural environments we work in. This includes softly educating our guests to be respectful of our unique natural and cultural environments.
We are looking for guides with
- A passion for trekking, travel and the outdoors
- Established outdoor experience (log book an advantage)
- Enthusiasm to share the wilderness with our guests
- Excellent customer service skills and experience delivery
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Desire to contribute positively to a team environment
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt.
- Current Wilderness First Aid or higher such as Wilderness First Responder or Expedition Medicine
- Current CPR certificate
- Current Light Rigid Driver’s licence including Public Passenger Vehicle accreditation
- Food Handling Level 1 certificate.
* These qualifications need to be obtained prior to employment.
- Tertiary qualifications in tour guiding, outdoor or environmental studies are highly regarded (for example, Certificate III or IV in Guiding or Outdoor Recreation)
- 4WD driving experience and/or training.
To apply please send an up to date resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close when all positions have been filled.
Applicants that are suitably qualified, yet have minimal guiding experience are encouraged to apply as extensive on-the-job training will be provided.