We are seeking motivated and experienced outdoor guides to join our guiding team on the Larapinta Trail for an immediate start.
Attractive day rates + remote living and travel allowances offered.
- Current Wilderness First Aid or higher such as Wilderness First Responder or Expedition Medicine
- Current CPR certificate
- Current Light Rigid Driver’s licence including Public Passenger Vehicle accreditation (H endorsement)
- Food Handling Level I certificate
- 4WD driving experience and/or training
* These qualifications need to be held prior to commencement of employment.
Who we are
Trek Larapinta is an award-winning ecotourism trekking operator specialising in small group walking holidays. Established in 1998, Trek Larapinta is a local pioneer of small group trekking tours on the Larapinta Trail.
About the role
- Full tour guiding services on the Larapinta Trail on vehicle supported trips
- Facilitate a high level of interpretation with the main focus on each individual guest being able to reconnect and create a sense of place in the wilderness
- Preparation of high-quality meals and associated catering and hospitality
- Tour preparation and clean up as required and directed
- Demonstrate a “Leave no Trace” commitment and understanding towards ecotourism principles, conservation, and the natural and socio-cultural environments we work in. This includes softly educating our guests to be respectful of our unique natural and cultural environments.
We are looking for guides with
- Experience on the Larapinta Trail
- Established and relevant outdoor experience (log book an advantage)
- Enthusiasm to share the wilderness with our guests
- Excellent customer service skills and experience delivery
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Desire to contribute positively to a team environment
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt.
- Tertiary qualifications in tour guiding, outdoor or environmental studies are highly regarded (for example, Certificate III or IV in Guiding or Outdoor Recreation).
To apply please send an up-to-date resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close when suitable candidates are appointed.