Marrapatta Memorial Outdoor Education Centre
Sunshine Coast Hinterland
Full-time, ongoing position
At Girls Grammar, our expert, dedicated staff set the highest standards for education. We would not be one of Australia’s leading girls’ schools without our staff, who believe firmly in the transformative power of a broad, liberal education. The BGGS community is warm, welcoming, and collegial, and united by a deep commitment to the education of girls and young women.
Here are some of the reasons staff enjoy working at Girls Grammar:
- our staff excel at what they do. They are also open, respectful, and highly supportive. They feel a deep sense of connection to our proud legacy and are passionate about the contribution they—and you—can make
- staff form lifelong, professional relationships with people who share their values. And you will never have to go far to ﬁnd a helping hand
- they build on a legacy that matters.
About the role
Brisbane Girls Grammar School is the only girls’ school in Queensland with its own dedicated Outdoor Education campus (Marrapatta Memorial Outdoor Education Centre), located two hours north of Brisbane in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. All students in Years 7-9 participate in the curriculum-based Outdoor Education Program, with students in other year groups able to be involved in co-curricular activities and experiences in the outdoors.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Outdoor Teacher / Educator to join our team at Marrapatta. If you share our passion and commitment to the education of young women in the outdoors, and are seeking a new challenge, we welcome you to apply for this position.
Our programs run Monday to Friday, with staff doing a maximum of two overnight duties in a week. We have accommodation available weeknights on site if you prefer not to commute on the other days.
You will have:
- a passionate commitment to the provision of Outdoor Education to students
- qualifications in outdoor recreation activities, or relevant industry experience
- demonstrated ability to work with adolescents in groups
- demonstrated ability to reflect on and evaluate professional practice in order to enhance student learning and assist students to achieve their full potential.
Preferred qualifications and experience
- Relevant Outdoor Education teaching or Cert IV qualifications
- Wilderness First Aid qualification (or willingness to obtain)
- Bronze Medallion (or willingness to obtain)
- Curriculum design and collaborative planning experience
- Involvement in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme
- Experience in driving a four-wheel drive vehicle off-road
- Ability to acquire and maintain a Positive Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
For further information, please contact Brigitte Bickham, our Human Resources Manager, on (07) 3332 1307.
Apply now—We look forward to hearing from you.
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am, Monday 4 March 2024.