Full-time, onsite position, until Jan 2021, with possibility of extension
What is Wollangarra?
Wollangarra is an independent, non-profit organisation situated beside the Macalister River, in beautiful Gippsland, Victoria. We believe Wollangarra runs some of Victoria’s highest quality outdoor education programs available for secondary students today. A simple, yet powerful outdoor education experience provides the platform for a realistic look at conservation, self-sufficiency, and personal development in a positive and friendly community. We believe that the Wollangarra way of life which young people experience on our programs results in a new perspective, with many participants returning for further programs.
The Wollangarra program manager will be expected to act as 2IC to the director, supporting them to run programs, provide training and professional development the staff team, work as a hike leader in the field, and take on job areas relating to property management.
This job is perfect for a recent outdoor education graduate with strong interpersonal skills who is looking to fast-track their career in the outdoor education industry.
- Qualifications (Certificate IV minimum) and experience working in the outdoor education industry
- Current Victorian Working with Children’s check
- Full manual drivers license.
- Wilderness first aid qualification
- Qualifications or experience in chainsaw use
- Bronze Medallion
- Level one food handling certificate.
- Demonstrated experience leading groups in the outdoors
- Demonstrated experience working with, leading, or teaching young people
- Experience working in and leading small teams in remote locations
- Ability to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Desire to live in a remote location, without regular access to the internet or electricity.
If you have any questions please contact Chelsea at the homestead on (03) 5148 0492. Head to http://wollangarra.org.au/program-manager/ to see the position description.
If you think you’d be a good fit for Wollangarra, apply to Chelsea with your resume, cover letter, and response to the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.