Salary: $3,850 – $4,250 per month + $400 per month R & R + 3 meals/day
Temporary, short-term contract position
International Disaster Response NGO, All Hands and Hearts is looking for an Project Manager (PM) for a small and short-term bushfire recovery project in a beautiful community in the Bega Valley Shire. The project will be to install water tanks, sheds, compost toilets and flat-pack bathrooms on properties who still have insufficient WaSH following the bushfire devastation.
This position is based in the Shire on project in a camp setting. The PM provides the site supervisors and volunteers with all necessary support to be able to do the work in the community. The PM has experience in project management and/or construction/trades, and ensures the work we are doing in the community is implemented and completed according to targeted plans, schedule, budget and Australian OHS requirements.
Start date is as soon as possible. The project duration is not confirmed, but looks to be around 4 months. This opportunity could lead to future work on our larger International Disaster Response and Recovery Projects.
- Develop the project scope-of-work, milestones, and detailed timeline and budget and track these accurately, updating the necessary tracking systems e.g. Salesforce, MS Project.
- Site Assessments
- Risk assessment of Sites
- Close coordination with project partners and stakeholders
- Scheduling of work
- Liaise with the local council to make sure that work on site is compliant
- Ensure compliance of site operations with Australian worksite laws and OHS
- Procurement of construction materials and PPE
- Conduct tool training with volunteers
- Define site safety briefings and ensure site supervisors are running them
- Support and supervise 2 site supervisors
- Weekly night duties – approx twice a week – being on-duty point of call in case of emergencies or volunteer issues.
Key Selection Criteria
- Willingness to relocate to project base in Bega shire for the duration of the project **Essential**
- Comfortable living in a communal setting in basic conditions (likely camping) with other staff and volunteers
- Competent with Google Docs, Word, Powerpoint, Excel and project management tools such as MS Project and Salesforce (AutoCad knowledge is a bonus)
- Strong initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks based on need
- Experience with project management
- Construction or trade experience with technical knowledge
- Experience working with volunteers
- Management leadership experience – ability to delegate, supervise
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently, but also in close coordination with a small staff team
- Mature with ability to resolve conflicts and problem solve
- Positive, energetic and able to motivate volunteers
- An all round good human who has values of people care and helping community.
Other position related information
- Working with children check required
- Full driver’s licence required
- 5-day active work week, and weekend work only required if there are issues/problems with the project
- 3-day paid breaks each month with R & R allowance.
Full position description available on the careers page of the All Hands and Hearts Website
Forfurther information contact: Sarah Boulle, email: email@example.com
To apply, visit https://allhandsandhearts.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=549
Applications close when a suitable applicant is found. Start Date is as soon as possible after.