Department of Environment and Science
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service & Partnerships
Salary: $62,173 – $68,030 pa. + super
Permanent, full-time position
This is an opportunity for appointment as permanent OO4 Second in Charge supporting the Ranger in Charge of the Agnes Water Work Unit (Base). This includes supervision of the crew and delivery of the operational program. The successful applicant will have a high standard of communication skills, the ability to network with key stakeholders and other agencies and a commitment to staff supervision, training and development. They will also possess knowledge or ability to obtain knowledge in the use of various applications and systems used within QPWS&P.
The small team of staff at Agnes Water have the opportunity to be actively engaged in all areas of park management including management of plant and animal pests, fire management and visitor management. They regularly engage with neighbouring landholders and lease owners to collaboratively achieve environmental outcomes. The Agnes Water base undertakes conservation and management programs in a number of parks with a major focus on Joseph Banks Conservation Park, Eurimbula National Park and Deepwater National Park.
The Ranger (OO4) is a role in which you must be able to:
- Carry out park management duties including plant operation and maintenance, natural and cultural resource management, project management, fire management, weed and pest control and the development and maintenance of park infrastructure.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual work programs for recreational and infrastructure development including the allocation of resources within a limited budget.
- Perform compliance and enforcement tasks on suspected breaches of relevant acts and permit compliance. Assist senior staff and staff from other Agencies with investigations as required.
- Perform general public contact duties including answering enquiries and providing advice, park patrols and undertake liaison with various stakeholders as required.
- Follow and assist in emergency response procedures including natural disaster contingency plans, wildfire response procedures, search and rescue procedures and medical emergency procedures.
- Participate in a team and assist with the supervision of subordinate staff, students and volunteers and implement and monitor workplace health and safety, staff performance management measures and equal employment opportunity principles and practices.
- Undertake administrative duties such as compiling and maintaining maintenance records and procurement of goods and services.
- Foster a workplace culture that supports and promotes the interests of First Nations people and actively engage through our work to contribute to better outcomes for First Nations people.
Before applying for this vacancy please download the following attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply
- Working as a OO4 Ranger – Additional Information (PDF, 438KB)
- 390526 21 Role Description (Word, 156KB)
For further information contact: Khan Spokes on 0429 633 770.
Applications close: Tuesday, 26 October 2021.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.