Department of Environment and Science
Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service & Partnerships /
Salary: $63,728 – $69,731 pa. + super
Permanent, Full-time position
The Ranger, 004, is a role in which you will:
- Carry out park management duties including plant operation and maintenance, natural and cultural resource management, project management, fire management, weed and pest control and the development and maintenance of park infrastructure.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual work programs for recreational and infrastructure development including the allocation of resources within a limited budget.
- Perform compliance and enforcement tasks on suspected breaches of relevant acts and permit compliance. Assist senior staff and staff from other Agencies with investigations as required.
- Perform general public contact duties including answering enquiries and providing advice, park patrols and undertake liaison with various stakeholders as required.
- Follow and assist in emergency response procedures including natural disaster contingency plans, wildfire response procedures, search and rescue procedures and medical emergency procedures.
- Participate in a team and assist with the supervision of subordinate staff, students and volunteers and implement and monitor workplace health and safety, staff performance management measures and equal employment opportunity principles and practices.
- Undertake administrative duties such as compiling and maintaining maintenance records and procurement of goods and services.
- Foster a workplace culture that supports and promotes the interests of First Nations people and actively engage through our work to contribute to better outcomes for First Nations people.
It is a mandatory requirement that the successful applicant provide a Certificate of Vaccination against COVID-19 and hold an unrestricted manual driver’s licence.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au. Job Ad Reference – QLD/419478/22
Enquiries to Shellie Cash, Phone: (07) 4655 4001
For further information and to Apply visit: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-419478-22
Closing date: Wednesday, 1 June 2022.