Salary: $81,648.84 – $88,160.07 pa. + super
About the business and the role
Home to tranquil lakes, pristine beaches and the rugged beauty of the high country, East Gippsland is a Victorian Gem. As a major employer in the region, East Gippsland Shire Council represents the needs of around 45,000 residents and over one million visitors annually across an area of 21,000 square kilometres. The region includes substantial areas of national and state parks, lakes, rivers and coastal wilderness areas and is home to Australia’s largest navigable inland water system – the Gippsland Lakes.
This is a full-time ongoing position based at Council’s works depot in Kalimna West.
The purpose of the role is to develop clear policy to guide the provision; management; and governance arrangements associated with the provision and management of recreation space, community facilities and public open space.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree qualifications in recreation planning, leisure studies, recreation management and/or relevant experience in recreation planning and policy development
- Demonstrated high level communication, engagement and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of policy development processes and the development of policy that complies with legislation associated with public land management.
- Capacity to work autonomously in challenging community-based environments.
- Highly developed computer skills and an ability to use a range of packages and systems.
- A current, valid Victorian driver’s licence.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a current Police Check. Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
If this sounds like your next career move, please hit the “Apply for job” button now.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Wayne Richards, Manager Community Facilities and Open Space on (03) 5153 9500.
Applications close: Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 11.59pm.