The Deception Bay Flexible Learning Centre has the following position available:
- Position: Teacher (specialty in HPE, Outdoor Ed, Music, Drama, Science, or ICT an advantage)
- Contract: Full-time, Fixed-term (1 year contract)
- Commencement: As soon as negotiated
For full details of the position and application process please refer to the Position Description.
Deception Bay Flexible Learning Centre (FLC) is a co-educational Catholic secondary school in the Edmund Rice tradition, and operates within the broader Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) family. Our philosophy draws on the spirit and vision of Edmund Rice, the Founder of the Congregation of Christian Brothers. Our learning community has a clear commitment to social justice and stands in solidarity with disenfranchised young people of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds. The school is one of 22 Flexible Learning Centres across Australia.
Each school strives to embody the Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools Network principles of RESPECT, PARTICIPATION, SAFE & LEGAL, and HONESTY. All employees adhere to the concepts of Common Ground and Operation by Principles. All Flexible Learning Centres operate under this framework and this is a significant point of difference from mainstream schooling. The principles establish a Common Ground among staff, young people and families, where the means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognise rights and responsibilities, are modelled and explored, both within the group and individually.
Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) is a child safe organisation committed to the protection of children and has zero tolerance of abuse of children. Deception Bay FLC is wholeheartedly committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people; therefore, all applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child safeguarding policies and procedures. This includes complying with our Child Safeguarding policy and Code of Conduct.
Application Process and Information
The Application Process
- Enter your personal details
- Upload a Cover Letter that outlines your reasons for applying and includes a response to the Selection Criteria
- Upload current Resume, including contact details of two referees, one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor
- Upload a copy of your QCT Registration
- Upload a copy of your Driver Licence
The Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated high levels of ability in developing and implementing a range of learning choices in Visual Art, Literacy and Numeracy which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of young people.
- Demonstrated ability differentiating the Australian Curriculum – all Learning Areas including: Visual Art and senior Visual Arts programs (QCAA& VET) to meet the needs of young people.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with young people at risk.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in the context of relating to work colleagues, young people and parents in a cross-cultural environment.
- Commitment to participate in critical reflection around working together under four principles of operation: Respect, Safe and Legal, Honesty and Participation. (The principles establish a “common ground” among staff, young people and families, where the means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognise rights, responsibilities and consequences are modelled and explored, both within the group and individual).
Applications are to be made online via the SEEK website
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. There will not be a shortlisting process after a closing date.
Interviews will be conducted upon application. Please do not hesitate and apply now.
EREA Flexible Schools Ltd is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.