Opportunities available for the remainder of the 2022 season, as well as next season starting March 2023
Wage dependent on experience ~ $30/hr
Spicers is seeking a Trail Guide for Luxury 4 day Hiking Tours in World Heritage Rainforests.
- Creating safe and engaging walking experiences for guests of small group all-inclusive walking adventures
- Hiking 60+ km over four days, not only leading the way but leading the experience through accurate & insightful interpretation, positive energy and the creation of a cohesive group
- Delivering accurate, engaging & informative interpretation on a range of topics
- Dynamic risk assessments of ever-changing environments and responsibility for emergency and first aid response
- Assessing weather and conditions to determine the safest and most enjoyable routes
- When not on trail contributing to general duties such as assisting with food and beverage service and preparation at camps. Supporting a camp host in the mornings and evenings (washing dishes and assisting with hospitality roles)
- Pre/post-preparation tasks, including cleaning & organising equipment
- Days are usually from 6.30 am to 7:45 pm, with one hour break and allowances for overnight duty.
- At least two years of experience as a guide
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation/Leadership or similar hard skill qualifications preferred
- Wilderness First Aid Qualifications or similar
- Food Handling (prefered or willing to obtain)
- Manual Driver’s Licence
- Light Rigid Truck licence or higher
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (QLD).
Careers at Spicers
- A career at Spicers is more than our beautiful locations, perks and ongoing career development
- Our core values of happy, humble and smart are what set us apart from the rest
- We are joy creators and memorable moment makers
- We are all about working with amazing people to create special connections with our guests – turning a trip away into something they’ll never forget.
- We are committed to supporting our team to achieve their goals by offering the essential ingredients and winning recipes for success
- We regularly celebrate our triumphs with great food, fine wine and good humour (not to mention 2 free stays each year to treat yourself and a friend to a break!).
For more information or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when a suitable candidate is appointed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.