We are seeking motivated and passionate outdoor trekking guides to join our guiding team. Positions are available for our
mainland season commencing in April 2022. We have positions available based out of Alice Springs & Darwin.
Who we are
Trek Tours Australia is an award-winning ecotourism trekking operator specialising in small group walking holidays.
To provide our guests with quality, world class trekking experiences in the most spectacular, remote, wild and pristine places in Australia.
About the role
- Provide full tour guiding services in wilderness settings on both vehicle supported and expedition trips
- Facilitate a high level of interpretation with the main focus on each individual guest being able to reconnect and create a sense of place in the wilderness
- Preparation of high-quality meals and associated catering and hospitality
- Tour preparation and clean up as required and directed
- Demonstrate a “Leave no Trace” commitment and understanding towards ecotourism principles, conservation and the natural and socio-cultural environments we work in. This includes softly educating our guests to be respectful of our unique natural and cultural environments.
We are looking for guides with
- A passion for trekking, travel and the outdoors
- Established outdoor experience (log book an advantage)
- Enthusiasm to share the wilderness with our guests
- Excellent customer service skills and experience delivery
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Desire to contribute positively to a team environment
- Flexibility with the ability to adapt.
- Current Remote Area First Aid (Wilderness First Aid required for some treks)
- Current CPR certificate
- Current Light Rigid Driver’s licence including Public Passenger Vehicle accreditation
- Ability to drive a manual vehicle and tow trailers
- Food Handling Level I certificate.
* These qualifications need to be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
- Tertiary qualifications in tour guiding, outdoor or environmental studies are highly regarded
(for example, Certificate III or IV in Guiding or Outdoor Recreation)
- Kakadu Knowledge for Tour Guides Accreditation
- 4WD driving experience and/or training.
- Daily rates from $320 per day
- Additional Allowances payable to assist with travel and accommodation costs.
To apply please send an up-to-date resume and cover letter to Clare Drabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when suitable candidates are selected.
Interviews to be conducted in January 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.