Salary as per Misc Award
Park Trek Walking Holidays is a well-established tour company which has been delivering walking holidays around Australia for 20 years. We are seeking a walking tour guide to coordinate and host a range of walking tours in Tasmania. This is a casual position so the number of tours per month will vary on the season. Tours range from 4 to 5 days in duration.
Tour destinations include:
- Bay of Fires
- Cradle Mountain
- Tarkine Wilderness
- Three Capes & Tasman Peninsula
- Bruny Island.
- The successful applicant will have an interest in natural history, flora and fauna and knowledge of walking trails in some if not all the destinations listed above.
- The successful applicant will also need to possess he following personal traits:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Open to change
- Excellent problem solver.
- Certificate III or higher qualification in guiding, outdoor recreation, outdoor leadership, environmental science or education, or equivalent work experience in small group walking tours or a similar environment
- Hold a current Wilderness First Aid certificate (SISSS00126), remote first aid certificate, equivalent first aid qualification or higher
- Hold a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate (HLTAID001)
- Hold food safety certification
- Hold a current driver’s license (Medium Rigid license an advantage)
- Hold Public Passenger Vehicle accreditation in Tasmania or be able to obtain prior to commencement of the tour season
- Experience preparing meals for groups.
This is an exciting opportunity for a guide to be part of an established business. If you have a passion for the great outdoors, looking for a new challenge or change of pace then we want to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV and any relevant qualifications to Shawna, Operations Manager email: email@example.com
Applications close when suitable candidates recruited.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.